Netgear extender setup: AC3000 (EX8000) Tri-band WiFi range extender with a copyright of FastLane3 technology perk up your internet range to the extreme with speeds about 3 Gigabits.
From garage/ door front to the backyard of your house, AC3000-Nighthawk X6S tri-band WiFi mesh extender eliminates dead zones/ blind spots and increase the WiFi range to hard-to-reach areas.
In addition, EX8000 is the most advanced and beneficial tri-band WiFi range extender that consists of a dedicated 5GHz band with more than 1.7 Gigabits for increasing the existing internet range to your wired and wireless devices.
It easily works with any up-to-date WiFi router. So, switch to Nighthawk Mesh extender – set it up and boost up your existing WiFi range.
To set up your AC3000 (EX8000) Tri-band WiFi range extender:
- Unbox your range extender and turn it on by plugging it into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for a few seconds for the power LED lights on your device become amber and after that, solid green.
- If the Power lights do not turn on, simply push the power button on your Netgear range extender once.
- Choose the best location to spot your router. But the location shouldn’t be away from your main WiFi router.
Connect a computer or laptop to your AC3000 (EX8000) Tri-band WiFi range extender using a WiFi connection or Ethernet cable:
WiFi: On your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device, load up a secure WiFi connection manager. Spot and connect to the available and active extender network i.e. Netgear_ext.
- As soon as your WiFi-enabled computer or laptop is connected to the AC3000 (EX8000) extender, the Client LED will illuminate solid white.
Ethernet: Use a healthy/ dust-free Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the computer/ laptop to an Ethernet port on your Netgear range extender.
- Now, pull up an internet browser from your connected device (computer/ laptop and type www.mywifiext.net in its URL bar.
If you are facing mywifiext.net login issues, then type 192.168.1.250 instead of the above-mentioned URL.
When Netgear Genie setup page displays, simply follow the on-screen prompts to connect your AC3000-Nighthawk X6S tri-band WiFi mesh extender to your existing internet network.
- Move your WiFi extender to a new location. The location should be halfway between your main router and the area with poor connectivity.
- Also, remember that the location must be within reach of your main WiFi router network. But do not place your devices in reach of concrete walls, metal gadgets, electronic appliances, Bluetooth speakers, and cordless phone.
Alternatively, you can also set up your Nighthawk Tri-band Range Extender using WPS
- Turn on your Netgear range extender.
- Place it closer to your main WiFi router.
- Plug your Nighthawk tri-band range extender into an electrical power outlet.
- Wait for some time for the power LED on your EX8000 to light solid green.
- Now, push the WPS button on your Netgear device for a few seconds.
- Within a couple of minutes, push the WPS button on your main WiFi router as well.
Congrats! Your range extender has successfully been set up using the WPS process.
If you are facing issues in the process of new extender setup, then make sure that your existing WiFi router is up-to-date.
Still facing issues in setting up your Netgear device? Don’t worry just opt to reset your device.
Sometimes, a small reset process can solve big issues.
- To do so, you just have to grab a thin paper clip or pin and carefully insert into the reset hole of your Netgear extender.
- Hold it for a few seconds or until the LED lights on your device start blinking.
- Release the button slowly.
Fab! Your range extender has successfully been reset.
For more assistance and help, dial a toll-free number 1-888-674-6890 and ask our technicians for Netgear extender support.